If you are a California resident, see Your California Rights below.
Collection Of Your Information
We collect information from and about you when you use the Websites and Services, and when you communicate with us, including when you register an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase of our Services, or engage with our customer support team. This information includes:
Basic Identifying Information Information such as your full name, telephone number, e-mail address, phone number, account name, username, and account password.
Device Identifier and other Unique Identifiers Information we collect automatically when you engage with the Websites, or engage in communications with us, such as your device identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifier, and other unique identifiers. For more information, see Cookies and Related Technologies below.
Internet or Other Network Activity Information regarding your interactions with the Websites
Geolocation Information Information that permits us to determine your general location, such as zip code.
Commercial Information Information such as your preferences and history of activity with the Websites and Services
User Content Information such as your communications with us and any other content you provide, such as comments, product reviews, testimonials, and other content.
Audio Information Information such as recordings of your voice (such as when we record customer service calls for quality assurance).
Inferences Inferences derived from the above information.
Use of your Information
We use your information for a variety of purposes, including to:
Provide our Websites and Services to You We use your information to provide our Websites and Services to you, including to: (1) create and manage your account when you sign-up to use our Services; (2) facilitate your access and use of our Websites and Services; (3) process your receipts and feedback on products to facilitate your participation in the Services; (4) send you notifications relating to your account and participation in our Services; (5) answer your Communications; and (6) perform other related business functions.
Communicate with YouWe use your information to engage in Communications with you, such as to respond to your requests, inquiries, issues, feedback, and to provide customer service.
Market and AdvertiseWe use your information for marketing and advertising purposes, including sending marketing, advertising, and promotional communications to you by email, text message, or postal mail. We also use your information to show you advertisements for Services and to administer our sweepstakes and other contests.
Conduct Analytics and PersonalizationWe use your information to conduct research and analytics, including to improve our Websites and Services. We also use your information to understand your interaction with our Websites, advertisements, Services, and our Communications with you. We also use your information to personalize your experience, to save you time when you visit our Websites and use our Services, to better understand your needs, and to provide personalized recommendations for our Services.
Security and Fraud PreventionWe use your information to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions. We also use your information to enforce our terms and procedures, prevent against security incidents, and prevent the harm to other users of our Services
Legal ObligationsWe use your information to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions. We also use your information to enforce our terms and procedures, prevent against security incidents, and prevent the harm to other users of our Services
Business Functions.We use your information to support our core business functions, including to maintain records related to business management, loss prevent, collecting amounts owed, and identifying and repairing errors or problems in the Websites.
Disclosing Your Information To Third Parties
We may disclose or share your information with affiliated and non-affiliated third-parties, including in the following scenarios:
In a Business TransferWe may disclose or share your information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction.
For Legal Process and ProtectionWe may disclose or share your information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: (1) enforce or apply our agreements; (2) protect our interests, property, or safety of others; (3) in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation; and (4) to protect our Websites.
Tracking User Behavior
DEMDACO may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within DEMDACO, in order to determine what DEMDACO services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within DEMDACO to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by DEMDACO. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the DEMDACO website.
The DEMDACO website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize DEMDACO pages, or register with DEMDACO site or services, a cookie helps DEMDACO to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same DEMDACO website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the DEMDACO features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the DEMDACO services or websites you visit.
To opt out of Google Cookies Collection, use the following click here
Security Of Your Information
Although no system can guarantee the complete security of your information, we take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure your information is protected in alignment with all applicable laws and regulations, as appropriate to the sensitivity of your information.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We keep your information for as long as is necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. If we dispose of your information, we will do so in a way that is secure and appropriate to nature of the information subject to disposal.
Do Not Track
Our Websites may, from time to time, collect information about your online activities, over time and across our different websites. When you use our Websites, third parties may also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Websites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls over how we collect, use, and share your information. Please note, if you are a California resident, you may have additional rights (see Your California Rights below).
- Right to Correction You may at any time submit a request to change the information we have about you by sending us an e-mail with the subject line “CORRECTION” to email@example.com.
- Right to Delete. You have a right to submit a request that we delete the information we’ve collected from and about you, subject to exceptions and restrictions permissible by law. You may submit a request to delete by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us toll-free at 888.336.3226.
- Opt-Out of DEMDACO Communications From time to time, we may send you various types of communications, including direct mail such as our catalogs, e-mails, marketing messages, and other informational messages. To opt-out of receiving our e-mail communications, please send us an e-mail with the subject line “UNSUBSCRIBE - EMAILS” at email@example.com or by clicking “UNSUBSCRIBE” at the bottom of any e-mail you’ve received. To opt-out of receiving our direct mail communications, including our catalog, please send us an e-mail with the subject line “UNSUBSCRIBE - MAILING” at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 888.336.3226. Please note, if you opt-out of receiving our direct mail communications, your information also will not be shared with our direct mail marketing partners. Please also note that even if you unsubscribe from our e-mail or direct mailing communications, we may still send you non-marketing messages relating to order confirmations and other transactional information.
- Opt-Out of Sharing Your Information For Advertising and Marketing Purposes From time to time, we may share your information with third parties to facilitate certain advertising and marketing. Those third parties may, in some instances, use your information for their own commercial purposes. To opt-out of having your information shared these advertising and marketing partners, please send us an e-mail with the subject line “OPT-OUT” at email@example.com or by calling us at 888.336.3226. If you are a California or Nevada resident, you may also submit a request to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your information by clicking here Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Please note, the definition of “sale” is different depending on whether you’re in California or Nevada
DEMDACO welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that DEMDACO has not adhered to this Statement, please contact DEMDACO at:
5000 W 134th St
Leawood, Kansas 66209
Your California Rights
- Personal information. Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you or your household.
- Sensitive personal information. Social security number, driver’s license number, state identification card, passport number, account log-in and password, financial account and password, debit or credit card number and access code, precise geolocation information, race, ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership, the content of your mail, email or texts other than those communications with us, genetic data, biometric information, health information, and information that concerns your sex life or sexual orientation.
- Sell, sale, or sold. Selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or other means, your personal information to a third party for money or other valuable consideration.
- Share, shared, or sharing. Sharing, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or other means, your personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether for monetary or other valuable consideration.
To make an access, deletion, or correction request, please submit your request at 888-336-3226 or privacy.demdaco.com. In order to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to unauthorized parties, and to protect against fraud, we will verify your identity before responding to your request by using a reasonable method based on the type, sensitivity, and value of the personal information requested or deletion request, including but not limited to matching the identifying information provided in your request with the information we have on file about you. Depending on the sensitivity of the personal information requested, we may also utilize more stringent verification methods to verify your identity, including but not limited to requesting additional information from you and/or requiring you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury.
Access Request. You may make up to two (2) requests per year for information as to
- The categories of personal information that we have collected and sold about you, or shared for a business purpose with our service providers;
- The sources from which we collected such information;
- The third parties with whom we have shared that personal information and to whom we have sold that personal information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
We will endeavor to respond to your request within forty-five (45) days of receiving your request or notify you that we need additional time to process your information.
Deletion Request. You may request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons when we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to maintain for internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise our rights.
Correction Request. You have a right to ask that we correct the personal information we have about you, subject to certain exceptions.
Opt-Out Request. Certain of our online tracking technologies may be considered a “sale” or a “share” of your information to third parties under the CCPA. Visitors to our Websites can therefore opt-out of being tracked by these technologies by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have no actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of California residents who are under 16 years of age. You may also opt-out by using an opt-out preference signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (GPC) on your browser. To download and use a browser supporting the GPC, you may click here. If you choose the GPC signal, you will need to turn it on for each supported browser or browser extension you use. To opt-out, please click on the Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link on our website footer or contact us by email at email@example.com . Please note that if, after opting out, you submit a deletion request or change the Personal Information that you share with us, you may be required to submit a subsequent opt-out request.
Right to Non-Discrimination. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by DEMDACO or our affiliates for exercising your privacy rights listed in this section.
Notice of Collection
- To learn more about the categories of personal information we collect about California residents, please see Collection Of Your Information above.
- To learn more about how use those categories of personal information, please see Use of Your Information above.
- To learn more about how we disclose categories of personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we disclose such information, please see Disclosing Your Information With Third Parties above.
- To learn more about how long we keep your information, please see How Long We Keep Your Information above.
Notice of Collection
To learn more about the categories personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties information, please see Collection Of Your Information and Disclosing Your Information With Third Parties above.
Notice of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
Certain of our online tracking technologies may be considered a “sale” or a “share” of your information to third parties under the CCPA. The categories of personal information we may “sell” or “share” in these circumstances includes your IP address, persistent online identifiers, ad identifiers, similar information about your devices and browsers, and information about your engagement with our Websites, Services, and Communications. We have no actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of California residents who are under 16 years of age.
Notice of Use of Sensitive Personal Information
We do not use California resident sensitive personal information for any purpose other than is permissible under the CCPA. Specifically, we do not use sensitive personal information of California residents to derive characteristics about California residents. Affiliated Disclosures. DEMDACO may share your personal information with some or all brands in the DEMDACO family of companies, some of which do not share the “DEMDACO” name, for their direct marketing purposes. California law considers these affiliates to be unaffiliated parties. If you are a California resident, you may request certain information regarding how we disclose personal information to these DEMDACO family brands for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as directed here.
Links To Other Websites
These Services contain links to other sites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or apps. Accordingly, we recommend that you review the Privacy Statement posted on any website or app that you access through the Services. The terms and conditions herein do not apply to any such linked websites or apps. DEMDACO does not endorse any linked websites or apps, or the information, materials, products or services that linked websites or apps contain or make accessible. DEMDACO disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information, materials, products, and services that linked websites or apps contain or make accessible, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
You acknowledge and agree that DEMDACO is not responsible for the content, accuracy, legality, decency, copyright compliance, privacy practices, security or any other aspects of any such linked websites or apps. You further acknowledge and agree that your access or use of any such linked websites or apps is solely at your own risk, and you hereby waive any and all claims against DEMDACO with respect to such linked websites or apps.
Effective as of July 31, 2023